Sunday, October 21, 2012

Soul Eater! Medusa!

Awwww yeah. I've decided to re-watch Soul Eater, just in time for Halloween! Hoping to get some inspiration.
This time, one of the few times, I've copied a nail art. Usually I add my own twist, or just get inspired by a design, but this time I full on copied... An anime character.


Creating Medusas nails was very easy. I just applied a dark grey polish (I'm pretty sure she wears a super dark grey, bordering on black, but I didn't have that so I settled for this dark grey. It has a bit of shimmer though which I dislike.) and added some yellow arrows with acrylic paint. First I did it with white acrylic, then with brown. I thought it was too dark and went over them again with this more yellowy-beige color that I mixed with a burnt sienna, a sand color, some green and a lot of white. 

Looking at the picture I realize how bad I am at making arrows... Practice makes perfect!
Also, I'm considering making them matte, as Medusas nails don't shine at all.. I'll see how I feel about it later. 

Here's printed screens from the anime!



The second I saw that Medusa was wearing nail art I decided to re-create it. I was too lazy to go back to find where I initially noticed the design, so I print-screened her hands and feet while she fought Stein.


Ahh, isn't it fun that I'm finally doing something slightly geeky! I've missed it!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment