Sunday, October 21, 2012

Purple Leopard with Glitter!

Another purple design, another leopard print. 
I don't get it, I don't really like leopard prints. They're just so easy to do, it's not an ugly print, looks good in all colors... I'm assuming it's mostly the quick and easy part that makes me paint them.
Any way, this time I decided to do two things I've never done. 1: Paint one nail fully in glitter polish. 2: Have one nail completely stick out, but at the same time go with the rest of the nails. 




Of course I chose purple for my glitter. I mixed 6 glitters (light pink, dark pink, light blue, dark blue, purple, silver) with clear polish and painted 3 thick layers. Then I painted a white french on the rest of my nails and added a thin, light pink polish over the whole nail. Then I went over my french again to get it nice and white, and made some light purple dabs above it with acrylic paint. When I was done I added more purple in it and made a line over the edge of the french.
I took a little bit of purple and black and mixed it with loads of water to make the paint nice and thin. In my opinion, the thinner the paint the less you have to do. The brush and paint moves for you. You also get nice shifts in the paint, because it's so thin the water pools up and those areas become darker when it dries. 
So anyway, I painted the leopard print with the dark, watery purple. To finish it off I added another glitter mix to the thin lines above the french (purple, dark pink and dark blue glitter) and a tiny, purple rhinestone. 
Simple, but cute!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment