Saturday, October 6, 2012

Murdering Mermaid!

Yes. 
At first I was going to do a Pocahontas-design, but I never felt inspired enough to actually paint it, so I wore my nails bronze for quite a while. I think I've said this before, but I don't really like wearing too warm colors like brown/bronze, red or orange. I had to do something about it, so I sat down with a lot of glitter and just played. 
First I applied a brown/bronze glitter haphazardly over the nail. Then I took two bigger hexagon glitters, one white that reflexes pink, and one yellow that reflexes green, and applied both in splotches. I tried not to have them overlap but it was quite difficult. That's the mermaid part.
Then I wanted shading on the sides, so I thinned black acrylic paint until it was basically black water, and applied it to the sides of my nail, and over the cuticle. Then I dabbed it with my finger to fade it in. It ended up seeping over the middle too, and when I tried to wipe it off it stuck on the glitters (even though I had applied a top coat to smooth it out), so everything got a lot darker. I applied more black on the sides, and then it just looked so menacing that I had to apply blood. 
I mixed a crimson red with some black acrylic paint, and randomly applied it around my nail. Then I added my trusted blood polish over it to make it pop. I went over everything again with the watery black, and boom. Murdering Mermaid. 


It looked so awesome before the cleanup! I didn't take a picture after cleaning up, but it definitely did not look this cool at all. I actually didn't even like it after cleaning up, so I ended up removing it pretty fast  Oh well! Can't win them all! 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment