Saturday, October 6, 2012

Lilacs!

Now I'm gonna post two designs, and they're both purple! One is on my nails, and one on my mum. 
My design was a purple water marble. 
I did a double dip, the first one using very thin, light purples, one lilac and one a bit more pink. I created 3-4 large circles and just made a random pattern, not messing with it too much. Just as an interesting base, really. Then I took the lilac again, a brown and a clear polish. This time I made more circles and messed with it a lot to create thin stripes in my pattern. I finished by adding a pink rhinestone, to make it a bit more clear that it's actually purple, not pink. 


I really like it! It looks a bit like either ice cream or some really cool stone. You can also see that I dip all my nails at once, as the pattern moves over my nails. I really like that for this design. 

My mum got something a bit more simple, the same lilac paint and then a simple dot-pattern that I saw Robin Moses do in a video I've now lost.. But she's amazing!


My mum can't sit still for very long and made a dent in the polish before I got to take a picture, but it doesn't really show that much. 
This lilac is my new favorite polish. It's by Essie and it applies so smooth and well, it's the perfect shade of lilac. I really like Essie overall, the brush, the formula, the application.. It's a dream to paint with. 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment