Thursday, October 11, 2012

Purple One-Stroke!

I was out in our back garden, and I saw these beautiful purple flowers. The idea hit me, and I knew in my heart that it was time. So I made my first proper one-stroke design, in my favorite color!
I started with a white base. My white Essie polish keeps bubbling, I'm going to test if it's because of the base coat. I knew I wanted glitter on this design anyway, and I've already mentioned that that's the perfect way to cover up bubbles. 
Again, I mixed some golden glitter into a clear polish (it can't be fast drying, it will dry up before you've painted two nails) and used just a tiny bit of glitter so it wouldn't cover too much. Then I made the one-stroke.
The most difficult thing to master, in my opinion, is how to apply the paint on the brush. If it's too little, the stroke will be streaky. If it's too much, it'll mess up and not apply in a nice gradient. For this design, I also dipped 3/4 in the light purple, and 1/4 in the dark. That was quite hard to achieve every time. 
The other things you need to learn about one-stroke is; you have to move your hand in a fluid motion. If you stop in the middle, it has to be re-done from the start. You also need to learn how to angle the brush to get the different colors where you want them, but when you've learned the movement it's actually quite easy. 
After the flowers, I took the light purple and made little swirls and stuff. I thought they were too light though, and filled them in even thinner with the darker purple. I also added dark dots in the center of the flower, and light dots between the swirls. You can't really see those. 
For a final touch I added bigger, golden hexagons glitters in the flowers, and a dark purple rhinestone. 


You'll have to excuse my messy fingers, I'd only cleaned up around the cuticles.


I usually don't want to wear floral patterns, but I absolutely adore these nails. They're so elegant. I definitely want to try to make more one-stroke designs. It's so much fun!
Tialiq

P.S
Yes, I know it hasn't been very nerdy lately, I haven't seen any animes without blood recently, and I have quite a few blood-splatter designs. But they'll come back!

No comments:

Post a Comment