Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Update Post!

So lately I haven't made very geeky designs. Therefore I'm not giving them their own posts! Wall of nail-nerdiness approaching.



First up is a green water marble! I added blue glitter polish as my accent color, and I thought it looked pretty fail at the time, but now I kind of like them. They are very messy, but unique!





Second is my Halloween design! I had many ideas, but it came down to the fact that I don't like wearing orange, so I went with spiderwebs over a green. I faded in a bit of yellowy lime green, and some green glitter, to make it look extra slimey. I painted the web with my stripers, first silver glitter and then black. It needed a bit of color so I added a spider with a red rhinestone on its back.
I also used my microbeads for the first time! I put them in as trapped flies. I didn't really like the beads though. They got stuck in hair and fabrics, and they fell off easily. Mine also turned opaque when I top coated, so I'm not sure if it's the beads or Seche Vite. I'll definitely use them again though!






This one was created as I went along. I saw my purple and blue metallic polishes standing next to eachother, and I could just see the beautiful gradient they'd make. So I started off with the gradient, and then I added a viny sort of pattern on my ring finger and thumb. On the rest of my fingers I made little teardrops at the cuticle, and put rhinestones in them. I also put them in the teardrop shape of the pattern. Then I added glitter, hexagons and using my silver striper, and it ended up reminding me of the Night Elves in World of Warcraft. So I guess these are kind of nerdy, but since that wasn't the plan I'll let it slide. I definitely want to do another design for World of Warcraft though!





And my last design is a really simple V French. I painted all my nails, except my ring finger, white. Then I took two small pieces of tape and put it on the white nails to make a V at the tip of my nail. I took a sponge and made a black gradient coming from the edges. I quickly applied a glitter polish and took the tape off. 
For my ring finger I painted the nail with my silver glitter striper, it's very thick. Then I applied two coats of the same glitter polish as on the other nails, and waited for it to dry. Then I took a square piece of tape and put it over the nail, to make a big V. Then I sponged down over the tip, and remove the tape. I applied rhinestones on all my nails, and top coated.
As you can see this is a very big rhinestone, and all of the bottom surface isn't touching my nails. Therefore I apply top coat only on the sides of the rhinestone first, to glue it in from below. Then, when it's dry, I apply top coat over the rest of my nail. Doing this, my rhinestones never fall off!

That's the end of my huge update!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment