Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fish Scales!

Continuing my obsession with blue! I got an idea of sponging on a french, and letting it reach the cuticle on one side. It all escalated from there...




I started by sponging on a bit of white, to mark out my french, and to make the color pop a bit more. Then I added a tiny bit of blue on the edge of my sponge, and went around the edge to gradiate it. Then I took my polish brush and applied it over the tip of my nail, and again with the edge of the sponge I touched up the line where the layers overlapped, this time removing polish with the sponge and gradiating the layers together. 





Now it was time for glitter! I applied my fantastic blue glitter, that shimmers rainbow, and then I applied many large, green hexagons. They shimmer green/blue/purple. I applied a top coat, and then made a messy outline of the gradient, and added little C shapes to add more of a scale pattern. I also added tiny little white dots to represent air bubbles! 
These were so shimmery! I ended up disliking the shape of the french though, it's a bit too thick in my opinion. 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment