Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FMA: BH - Barry the Chopper!

Ooooooh dear. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm absolutely in love with it! While I was watching it, inspiration struck me, and I created this design!


I really tried to get a sharp picture...



In the beginning of the anime (can't find the exact episode), they meet a little character called Barry the Chopper, who's had his soul attached to an armor just like Al. The difference being that Barry was convicted to death, but instead of getting hung, he was used in human experiments. When Barry tells this story, this picture is shown: 




I started with a red polish. Then I took a darker red, it was like a red burgundy, and it's very thin. I created a line along the cuticle with a toothpick, to make sure I got full color there. Then I sponged over that to made it gradiate into the other red. After it was dry, I went over it again, this time moving into the nail to create the gradient. While it was wet I applied a little bit of deep red glitter, which really gives depth to the colors. Then I top coated, to smooth out the surface.
I painted a very tiny french, way out on my nail, in black. From it I made little crosses. As you might see from the picture, Barry was convicted for murdering 23 victims, so I made sure to paint 23 crosses on each hand! Barry himself got the ring finger all for himself, and on the other nails I added little birds.

I'm absolutely in love with this. I dislike wearing red, but for this design it's worth it! 
Tialiq

2 comments: