Friday, April 13, 2012

Turquoise with Black Lace!

Yeah I had no other way to describe these nails. They're turquoise and gold with a black lace. Today I'm also including a step-by-step tutorial to show you how incredibly easy it is to have beautiful nails. 


Start with a base coat. Always, always, always use base coat. Then paint 1/3 of your nails in really whichever color you'd like, I chose turquoise. If you're not that bothered with layering just paint all of it. 
Then start a line far in one corner, curve it and end it at a higher point. Add 3 big circles of gold, one in the middle and one on each side of it, with a dotting tool. Don't put them on top of the line unless you want really big lace. I put mine bang on in the middle.

Again with gold, paint one thick, straight line from each of the circles. 


Take a liner and make a black curved line just under the gold one you made earlier. This should cover up the bottom of the gold circles.
Draw big C's around the gold circles, just as the very edge of them. Meet up the C's between the dots, make it go all the way down to the black line.
Take a very small dotting tool or a toothpick and make little dots on your lace. If your lines weren't perfectly smooth this covers it nicely. Then paint the whole bottom black.



Add glitter! I put 3 black hexagons inside the lace, on the gold, one in each corner, and one at the top. Sometimes on the pinky fingers you can't fit 3, just put in one in each corner, or if your lace is really tiny, one at the top.
Add gold hexagons where your C's meet, and then finish with two in between (in picture below). I fit 3 in between on my thumbs, and only 1 on my pinky fingers. 


And here's the finished result on my own nails, with top coat. I didn't quite have this planned out as I made it so I went through a lot of unnecessary steps, but I really liked the finished result. I'll be using a lot of hexagon glitters these upcoming weeks I think, I just got a big multipack of them today, 12 big containers! I'm so happy. Glitter makes my day!
Tialiq

EDIT
I've been wearing this design for a couple of days now, and since I'm going to remove it soon I figured I'd do a little comparison, trying to add a matte coat and trying it in a different color. Since I originally thought of this design in pink, that's the color I tried. Honestly, I'm glad I chose turquoise, it's a bit more suited as a background, this strong pink is really a bit overpowering. The fact I added it over a blue tone also made it a bit purple, which only made it stronger. 
The matte coat was mostly to see if the hexagon glitter would lose its spark, but I was really surprised to see that they actually became more visible, especially over the black. The black glitter however, just looks like polish now. Here's a picture of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment