Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Blue Roses!

My mums birthday is coming up this week, so I gave her an elegant rose design in her favorite color. Since she prefers it simple I only painted roses on the ring fingers, and on the rest I made dots between the leaves, where I would've used rhinestones if it was me. Nah, who am I kidding, I'd do roses on all my fingers! 


The picture isn't perfect but at least you can see the roses. I saw a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Mj5ORKrHQ) on how to make these roses on YouTube, so I wanted to give it a try. As I was pulling out my acrylics I remembered I could give one stroke a chance as well, but since I don't have any flat brushes it didn't turn out too well. I just made roses instead, and it was so much fun! 





So yeah that's me playing with paint and patterns! In the third picture you can see a little nail, the size of my index finger nail, I was trying to see how many roses I'd fit. As you can see, I fit four, which I also did on mums ring fingers. I'm not sure if I'll ever wear this design myself, since I don't really like wearing floral patterns, but I'd love to paint it more on others. 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment