Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Blood Splatter!

Ahhhh blood splatter. I've been wanting to do it for a long time, but never had the right technique for it. Now, with acrylic paint, it's possible!
I didn't want a black or white background, and I didn't want color or nothing at all, so I went with my only choice: grey. I've been wanting to wear lace for a long time as well so I decided to put it on, rather than try painting stripes cause I really hate that. In the beginning I wanted to sponge over the lace with a darker grey to get a shadowy pattern, but when I put the lace over my nail everything just clicked. 
Doing splatter was hilarious. I used crimson red and a dark brown and mixed it up with water. My first batch was a bit brown so when I was done playing I added more red and went over it again. When it was dry I used this lovely bloody red polish and dotted it over the big splatters to give it dimension. This is what it looks like! 




I took the pictures before cleaning my hands because this just looks awesome. 
Here's the design I made a few days ago, I wasn't very happy with it and didn't think it deserved its own post, but I might as well throw it in here anyway. 


Tialiq

3 comments:

  1. Really love the blood splatter looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post a tut.? Please? The lace and blood looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a tutorial on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVPfhah9TC8
      Just thin out acrylic paint with water, or nail polish with nailpolish remover or nailpolish thinner. I used bloody, red colors!

      Delete