Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Leopard Print!

Today I painted my toes, now when summer is here and they won't be locked up in winter shoes. I like to wear simple designs on my toes, so I did a standard leopard print. Since it's so easy, I've made a little tutorial. 

I tried two variations, I'm wearing one of these and the other was an experiment. 


I painted the nails beige, and on one of the nails I did a brown french, the other I left. I made messy spots with a dotting tool, using both the bigger and smaller side, but it can also easily be made with a lightly loaded nail polish brush. 


On the right side I painted the french with a thin bronze, and then I outlined the brown dots with black. I let my hand shake a lot to make it look random, and I didn't circle them completely. Then I dotted a little bronze in the spots.


For the other side, I went over the spots again with the brown, having the shade in the background makes them blend a bit more. I went around the spots with black paint, again shaking my brush. 

I like both designs, I'm wearing the right one. I skipped the brown french on my big toe to have the full pattern there, and only made one spot on the rest of the toes, in the corner, overlapping half the french. 
I think the left design would look better if I'd sponged on a little gold here and there, though. 
Leopard prints are really cool, because they can be half a design, the background or the main design. They can be made in all colors, I've made a metallic blue before, it's somewhere in my first post. I really should be making these more!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment