Sunday, May 27, 2012

Stone Cold!

A couple of days ago, after weeks of issues with the China Glaze delivery to my local store, I finally got my hands on Stone Cold from the Capitol Colors collection! I love love love it. Though, I'd read that it was easy to apply but still dried fast, which doesn't really go together in my world. And yes, I'm slow at applying nail polish because I don't want any clean up, so it dried as I was working. If done faster it's easily a one-coater though. I did two. 



I didn't know what kind of design I wanted to do, but then all of a sudden I had an idea. Minecraft! Minecraft blocks are grey, and when they have ores in them, they have dots of color in them. Here's a picture from the Minecraft Wiki. I used Emerald, Lapis Lazuli, Redstone, Diamond and Gold.


I used rhinestones for the splashes of color, I applied them directly into the second coat of Stone Cold, so I did one nail at the time. I had the rhinestones placed out in front of me since the polish dries so quickly. After that I put top coat around the rhinestones and let it dry. Another coat of top coat went on, and I swirled around the rhinestones to really make them stick. I hate it when the rhinestones fall off! 
This is what it looks like when the polish is shiny. It does look a bit bubbly and uneven on the picture, however that's not the case. That's just because I went around with the brush a lot and it dried a little as I did so, but since it wasn't my last coat it was okay.


After that was dry I applied a matte top coat to get back that lovely stone look. Here's the finished result! 


I think it looks great, and if you think about it it's secretly nerdy which I love!
Tialiq


No comments:

Post a Comment