Sunday, June 9, 2013

Anivia! + New Technique?

So I've started watching LoL streams recently, and I was catching up on the Spring Playoffs, and saw Froggens amazing Anivia play. I thought it was so cool, and had to do a nail art. 
 

I sponged on white on 3/4 of my nail on all nails except the ring finger, and then a few layers of a light blue. I covered it with glitter, and painted diffrent kinds of snowflakes with white. On my ring finger I painted it all white and sponged on blue. Added glitter and tried to make feathers with very thin black paint. But since Anivia has kind of icicle-looking feathers, they turned out like scales which is not what I was aiming for at all. But it still looked cool! I added a bit of dimension on the tips of the featheres with white paint, and sealed it up.



Then, I felt like wearing orange. Me! 
 
I had this idea in my mind of orange and dark blue going fantastically together. So my first idea was to add fishnet, sponge on the blue, and get a cool scale-y design. But that didn't work. So when I sat there with an orange nail covered in dark blue, I panicked and wiped it off with my finger. And it looks gorgeous. 

 This is what my fingers ended up looking like!

I added silver star studs, and holy crap it looks epic. It is super simple, and I will definitely do it again! It looks sort of like a streaky crackle polish, or weathered paint. You can do it with clashing colors like me, or similar colors for a cool background! 
Someone has probably done it before, but I just randomly did it and saw how awesome it turned out and just had to share! After all, that's what this blog is for!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment