Friday, June 21, 2013

Midsummer!

In Sweden we celebrate Midsommar, midsummer, when the night is the shortest of the whole year. We traditionally dance around a big pole, a Midsommarstång, that looks like a big **** (which I think is hilarious). So of course I painted one on my nails! 




I started with a sky blue base, and made a gradient with white. I did this so I could paint on a white surface, to make the colors brighter. It's vital, trust me. 




Then I started adding grass with a dark green polish. I swiped off as much polish as possible off the brush and then stroked lightly from the tips in towards the nail. I did the same with a light green on top, but heavier. The darker green disappeared and gave it depth. Then I painted a few strans of grass with green acrylic paint, but not all the way to the tips. Having polish around your edges makes it last longer! 
Then I painted classic midsummer flowers: Cow parsley (Hundkäx), Wood cranesbill (Midsommarblomster) and Oxeye (Prästkrage).
On the ring finger I crated the traditional midsommarstång shape, and covered it with colored dots to represent flowers. I finished with a layer of glitter. 




Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment