Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tape Disaster!

Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I'll just show you the picture and you'll know what I mean.



I hope you can kind of see my plan with these nails; a shocking but matte base color with spikes that fade into black and give a strong contrast, with a bit of glitter for that extra shiny/matte contrast that is so adorable. I shouldn't have used clear tape for this, not at all, but my masking tape wasn't sticking and I don't have skin tape (that I've seen other people use). I've used clear tape before, but on a nail without polish. 
I really want this design to work so I'll probably give it another try. Then I'll probably freehand it and try using a minimalistic sponge, or wait at least 2 hours for the matte coat to dry before using clear tape again and then just sponge white and black really fast and freehand the rest. Another way to go about it would be to just having it clear until the end and freehand the matte coat, or maybe I could do the background coat last, or maybe just have them switch places, but not use yellow because having yellow tips even if it's on purpose is just wrong in my eyes. Or maybe I could just make the background coat the shiny one and have the gradient tips matte, then I could use a metallic, lighter yellow as well. 
Either way, I'll attempt this design again when I've figured out which way to go about it, and when I have a bit more time.
Since I was doing this on impulse last night it was quite late, and seeing it get ruined after almost 3 hours of work, all of it drying times, I got quite frustrated. Oh well, happens to the best of us. So I did a simple, slightly V shaped french and covered up the fact that I wasn't very careful making this with some bling. It'll last me until I'm making my Hunger Games design this Thursday.

My fingers are still messy from the yellow polish in this picture, it wasn't even close to dry (annoyingly enough) so it slid off in big, half wet chunks and ended up everywhere. Disaster indeed!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment