Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's!

I don't like wearing reds, and typical Valentine's Day designs kind of bore me. There are so many! So I went for another approach; feathers! Because I'm free as a bird! 
In blue. Because.. I just love blue. And it seemed like a good accent color for my base colors.




I just love these polishes! I bought this skin colored, shimmery polish, it looks very romantic. I added this as my base color, and faded up a shimmery pink color using the nail polish brush.


 I never apply thin polishes carefully, I've found that putting the 
brush down on the cuticle actually makes it smoother.

You can see it on my index and middle finger, and the ring and pinky are still to be painted. I added a quick white french to my nails before applying the polish but it ended up looking yellow anyway.
Then I started adding light blue feathers, using acrylic paint, on all my nails, except my ring finger. When they were dry, I went over them again but with white paint this time. I added a light blue heart to my ring fingers, and added depth using a darker blue and a white. Then I went over the feathers one last time with white, but only the middle stripe to make it stand out more. My acrylic paints are very thin.


I took a white glitter and added it lightly over the feathers and the heart. I contemplated added lace around the heart, but I wanted some bling and added microbeads instead. They are silver, but my microbeads are bad and go seethrough then you add the top coat. I'll need to buy new ones.
I love this as a Valentine's design, it's very elegant and romantic. I'm glad I managed to avoid the cliché trap! 
Much love,
Tialiq.

No comments:

Post a Comment