Sunday, February 10, 2013

Abstract Peacock!

I bought this green polish called Peacock Green at a sale. Again I was in the misc-leftover-polishes-that-no-one-wants- box, and holy moley is this gorgeous. Why hasn't anyone bought these! I saw loads! So I went crazy and had to save as many polishes as possible from their horrible fate. But I'm getting off topic. 
Polishes inspire, and this one inspired a peacock design that's kind of abstract. 


But look at that color. YUM!
I applied the pearl white polish I mentioned in my previous post, and then I used a fan brush to create feathery strokes. It was my first time however, and I kinda forgot to practice, so it didn't turn out too well. I used a shimmery blue, a glittery grape purple, and the same green to swipe from the top of the nail, towards the sides. Then I applied glitters in the same colors, and rhinestones. Lots of rhinestones. The simpler the nails are, the more amazing the accent nails have to be!
I'm very happy, both with the color and the design. It feels elegant, even though my fan-brush strokes are a bit messy. 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment