Friday, February 1, 2013

Mello!

It's no secret that one of my favorite series is Death Note, and this is my tribute to one of my favorite characters; Mello! He's a side character, but I love him. 

I just cut my nails too, which is sad, but I guess it proves you don't need long nails for nail art!

Mello almost exclusively wears leather, chains and studs. He also wears a rosary. His hair is golden. So, I made leather black nails, with chains, a golden M and a rosary. 
This time I was actually more satisfied with my right hand. I liked the ways I put the chains more, and I didn't have as many which made it look better.


Making these is simple. Start with black, and then use silver and gold polishes to make the chains. I made some small chains, which is just dots in a line, and some bigger ones. the trick to making them is not making circles. Made wide C shapes, kind of like a (. And then connect them at the top and bottom, where you'll start the next set.
I marked where I was going to put the M and the rosary first with watered down acrylic, so I knew where the chains should be. I made them both with gold polish, and then went over it with my golden acrylic paint, because the paint had a more yellow gold. Then I added a thin line of thick red glitter that I mixed myself (clear polish and glitter), and I made a blob in one of the chain nails as well. I decided on random. My favorite nail is the right hand index finger, which only has two chains. Simple and random is key. 
I'm pretty sure at least my next, if not the next two, design will be Death Note as well. I'm slightly obsessed. 
Tialiq

2 comments:

  1. Death note for teh win :D Really liking the death note nails you are doing lately ^^ :D

    ReplyDelete