Saturday, February 2, 2013

Ryuk!

Yes! My favorite Death Note character, I finally made him a tribute. Ryuk, the Shinigami, who loves nothing but himself and apples. 

At first I wanted to make a minimalistic design, white nails, Ryuk's smile on ring finger and an apple on the thumb. When I started making the smile, however, I realised it looked weird without the nose. So I added the nose. And then it looked weird withouth the eyes. And suddenly his face is there all wonky and it all just looks wrong. 


Yeah. See? It looks fine at first glance but it's actually tilted. Being a perfectionist I had to remove it. But I figured I'd show it anyway since I actually completed the face.

The second time I went for another approach. 



I added a small silver gradient from the tip, and made Ryuk's silhouette on my thumb. I thinned down black acrylic paint and looked at an image for reference. On my ringfinger I made a chain holding an apple. The chain was made with the same silver polish as the gradient, and then I outlined it with the thinned black acrylic paint. I made the apple with acrylic paint, and added white for the shiny bit.
And yet again, my right hand ends up looking better! 


Except the chain being a bit rough. Those thin bits are still difficult for me. I also thought it was funny how Ryuk ended up being smaller on my right hand, it's usually the opposite.
Tialiq


No comments:

Post a Comment