Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Acid!

I found a picture of melting smileys in my Facebook feed (I think it was from MissKL), and just knew I wanted to paint them on my fingernails. I'd also been experimenting with on-nail marbelling using neon colors, and the acid idea took form. 


I used 2 neon polishes, green and pink, and a bright blue and yellow. I dumped it heavily onto a wet nail, and made lots of tiny dots. Then I quickly grabbed my brush and dragged it back and forth over the nail, lifting after every stroke. Then I pulled off the excess just how Robin Moses taught me. Then I started my drippy smiley faces. 



I started with the silhouette in black acrylic paint, and then added yellow on top with acrylic paint. Then I covered it with yellow polish, the same I used for the marble, and used black polish to draw the features before the yellow dried. You can create very fine lines doing this, and push it around it if fails a little. After every smiley, their faces drooped more and more. I finished with the ring finger on my right hand:




I'm also the most pleased with my right hand, when it comes to the smileys at least. 

I also found the initial inspiration:

So there's some inspiration for you too! I'm in love with these nails!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment