Thursday, June 14, 2012

True Blood Nails!

I love the HBO series True Blood, and with season 5 coming out I wanted to do a tribute. However, I wasn't very pleased with the results, and I will do the series justice in another attempt in the future. 


Creating these I didn't want to have a white background, but bloody red doesn't show well on black so I did a gradient. I didn't consider how much blood I'd put on and the white ended up barely showing at all, which was a shame. I also was a bit too fast with the coats and it bubbled. That ruins a design completely! 



As you can see the finish isn't smooth at all. The design wasn't though through, so I did the letters after I'd done the blood and it was just a mess. I didn't wear them for very long. 
Creating good blood, however, I enjoy. I have this amazing bloody red polish, but as it's red it gets pink over white. To prevent that I mixed up a brown red with acrylic paint, and thinned it with water. Then I applied a big amount on my tips, and let the polish do the work. I guided the droplets with my brush, but the paint did the thickness and the round ends. It was a fun way of doing it, even if it doesn't look as precise than it would've if I'd painted it all. 
Again, I will do True Blood justice at one point! I really love the series, and I can't wait for the next episode. 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment