Friday, June 1, 2012

Rocking Pink!

First of all I gotta say; removing my rhinestone studded nails was hell. It took forever, I damaged two nails when I had to try rip the stones off, it was terrible. Therefore I did it again.


This weekend I'm going to a turning 40-party, and I'm going to wear a pink dress. Even though I'm not a big fan of pink, I decided to have pink nails as well. But first my mum. 
This was the first time I did a nail design supposed to match a dress, and it was so much fun. The dress is beige with tiny pink flowers, so that's what I made. Simple and subtle as always. 



I mixed all the colors, and used 3 shades for the flowers. 
Here're my nails!

First I did a really light coat of a thin, soft pink, and did a darker french. Then I added a few fuchsia stripes (which is the color of my dress) on the side, and black lace in the other corner. I added one coat of Luxe and Lush (which you unfortunately can't really see) and then a coat of Servin' up Sparkle, which is.. Really sparkly. Then I added the stones. I wanted something huge and blingy, so I took these big heart shaped stones, and added smaller heart shaped stones and two round ones to make a little trail. I'm also wearing my star shaped nail jewelry on my left pinky, it's so adorable! 

Again, I've never been a big fan of pink, or glitter, or heart shaped things, but I think this design ended up being really rocky. Makes me think of Avril Lavigne. I bet she'd love these! I sure do!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment