Friday, March 8, 2013

Aperture Science!

I love the Portal games, especially the first one. I've always wanted to make Portal nails, but thought it was too hard. Until I figured out how to make the Aperture logo! These are easier to make with a theme song.

Start with a circle and erase horizontally in the top left, and the bottom right. Erase in nail art terms, means apply your base color. 


Turn it 90 degrees and do the same thing, horizontally, top left and bottom right.

 Now, twist 45 degrees so you get a square balancing on a point, and do the same thing.
 Finish off the empty areas.

 You should end up with rough triangles. Outline them and make it neat.




And that's how I made these Aperture nails!

For my left hand I used the plastic bag method. I love these, I'm so happy I figured it out. 
Remember, the cake is a LIE!
Tialiq

2 comments: