Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seche Vite!

I bought Seche Vite, a very popular top coat, almost 2 months ago. The bottle is half full (or half empty, that's up to you) by now and it's very sticky and hard to apply. I don't have a nail polish thinner yet - I'm feverishly trying to find one in a local store - so I can't try applying that. I know that when you use a polish a lot it will get sticky quicker, but I've also experiences other issues with Seche Vite. 
I painted my nails 3 days ago, and yesterday little bits of my top coat started to come off. Not the polish or the acrylic paint, but only the top coat. Today this happened: 




Seche Vite is expensive and I assumed therefore it would be good. It is true that it dries very fast, but I would honestly rather have a slightly slower to dry top coat that sticks to your nail, than have one falling off. I always top coat the edge of my nail to try prevent them from breaking, now when they're getting long, and that fell off just the day after I'd applied it.
This has happened before as well, but it's worse now that when the polish is getting dry. I'm really disappointed in Seche Vite and next time I'm going to buy the Sally Hansen diamond top coat. It's not as expensive and I've heard a lot of great things about it. On the other hand, I'd never heard anything bad about Seche Vite either...
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment