Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Forsythia!

The other day I saw these beautiful yellow spring flowers in town, and I got so inspired that I had to do my nails. I made a matte, light yellow base and painted on some easy branches. The forsythia branches are actually straight, cause it's a bush, but I didn't think that would look as pretty so I made typical cherry blossom branches instead. The flowers however, I didn't change. Mostly because 4 petal flowers are much easier to paint, but also because I didn't want it to look like yellow sakura. As you can (hopefully) see, I made some from the side, with only two petals, and some from the front, with 4 petals.



Here's a picture of them inside, newly painted. I hadn't cleaned up my edges yet. 
I'm not wearing a top coat because I wanted the branches to be shiny, but keep the background matte, and trying to go over the branches with a fast drying top coat would've been not only difficult, but tedious. I will top coat them in a day or so, to keep the design longer. I'll probably also keep it matte. 


Another picture, outside. The yellow is so much lighter than inside, which is why I really like it. I'm holding a forsythia branch as well. Don't you just love all the inspiration that comes with spring?
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment