Sunday, March 4, 2012

First post!

First post, I'm so excited. I've been pondering starting a blog for my relatively new passion; nail art, for a while now but never really got to it. Until now!
As a first post I'm simply going to spam the interwebz with pictures of my previous designs to get this place some content, and then I will upload 2-3 times / week when I do my nails. I value simplicity but also elegance, and I'm not a big fan of animal prints.. You'll see. I will also post quick notes on how I made the design, and sometimes what inspired me. Here we go!


Hello Kitty nails, first time I tried proper nail art. Up until then there had only been ugly french tips on black nails, or just simple colors. Only fair that the first design I made was of my favorite character!



This is my blue plaid design that I'm wearing today. I've hated plaids since I gave it a try in December but finally dared going there again. I covered the plaid with a matte top coat, and the blue side with a silver glitter polish. 



This was my first attempt at marble, I did that thumb 3 times before it turned out well... The color combination is horrible, but I decided to play safe and only used polish I'd bought the same week. It took hours to make and it took a while before I tried it again.



This was my Christmas nails! I decided to go for a simple, icy sparkle french tip and a little holly branch, very Christmassy. Not a big fan of all the reindeer's and Santa's. 



I made there nails on fake nails when my head was overloading with ideas, I quite like them but I've never worn any of them. The simple barbed wire design is the only one I've been wanting to wear, but I've never lacked so my inspiration as to do a design I've already painted.




This is my Domo-kun design, my second design. I painted the whole mouth with a toothpick and made the eyes with a bobby pin, I had almost no tools back then.




Here I started getting creative, this was my fourth design and I decided to show my geeky loyalty to the Horde. It was very much approved by my equally geeky friends!




This was the first time I used acrylic paint! I found it in a cabinet and most the colors were dried out, but the black still worked! I'd been dying to do Justice League, and I decided that I wanted all my nails to have the same background. After my Valentines ideas that were an incoherent disaster (they're further down due to the not so chronological order) I decided that this was best. Gold is such a superhero color as well.




This was my birthday design. My favorite color is purple and I'd just received my fimos the week before. I sponged on the colors, made the white striped and dotted the ends with silver glitter. I love gluing on things so I went pretty crazy with the stones. I love this design!




This was my third design, and it is a complete ripoff of Cutepolish's mustache nails (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wc66W0lYx0) .




.. As is this Nyan Cat design (which took forever!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0dqgXVU6wA)




This was my Valentines Design, and I made a quick step-by-step image, with instructions; 
1: I put clear tape diagonally over my the tip of my nail.
2: I painted the visible nail with a base coat and then two coats of white.
3: With a sponge I applied 5 different colors, grading from soft beige, through 3 pinks to a light red. 
4: With my new striper (♥) I applied slightly tilted lines, and then lines crossing over them.
5: I finished my lines and applied glitter over them. Where the lines met I put hexagon glitters. Then I removed the tape (Best feeling ever fyi.).
6: I painted my tips with a base coat and two coats of white.
7: Then I applied big rhinestones in the middle, covered them with clear polish, and then applied two smaller stones on each side. 
To finish off I covered all my stones and the bottom on my nail with a shiny top coat, and the white tips with a matte top coat. Since it's my right hand it got a bit messy so I cleaned that up. 
This design was suuuper easy and that's why I wanted to show it, it took me about 2 hours to finish, considering I completed my left hand first, and then did my right. It's such a bother to have both hands taped at the same time.  




This was a design inspired by the t-shirt Sheldon of Big Bang Theory was wearing in an episode, I can't remember which one. It ended up looking pretty futuristic so I added silver dots to the middle.




This is a design I painted for my mum, she wanted something simple and winter-y.




Another one of my favorites, this was the first time I used glitter! I'd just bought the wheels that are discreetly shown in the background. I decided to go for the sunset I'd seen when walking home, with black plant silhouettes. What I saw was a snowy field with a line of trees covering the sunset, but my friends seem to think its a sunset over a lake. It's up to the individual I guess :)




Tetris nails, made them when I'd developed an unhealthy addiction to Tetris Battle on Facebook. It was my first time sponging and I didn't have a sponge, so I used a cotton pad... Hence the mess. 




The Valentines idea-spam-disaster that I mentioned. I do like the couple and the chains though, planning on re-doing them.




My second time marbling, this time with greater success and a smaller mess. I added fimo watermelons and silver stripes to make it more interesting.




Ah, the first time I successfully sponged with a real sponge. I wanted to make a sky design and I just started with the black and it all just.. came. 




A yellow and green summer design with hibiscus flowers in white, not as visible as I would've liked and I wasn't comfortable lining with black. Made this during a dark winter night, longing for summer.




Zelda! Another one of my addictions showing on my nails. This was really fun and easy to do, and I got quite a good reaction from my friends. I want to do another Zelda-inspired design soon.




Simple flower nails I made whilst on holiday, I only brought 4 polishes so this is what I ended up with. I quite liked it though.




Another release of ideas, these aren't very good but I enjoyed making them.





While trying to think of Valentines designs I got slightly sidetracked by Portal, so I made a design with that as well.




Another attempt at Valentines designs, this time I got sidetracked by something else!




My first horrible design, I had no concept except that I wanted to use glitter. Taking this off took an hour.

And there we go! Most of my nail designs already archived in the longest first post I've ever seen in my life. I'll see you later! 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment