Saturday, December 29, 2012

Blue Christmas!

I don't very much like wearing red, and this Christmas I decided to wear a dark blue dress for Christmas Eve, so I made a blue nail design to go with it! 



I started, as you can see on the bottom picture, with a beautiful blue gradient. Excuse the messy cuticles! 
Then I added light blue and silver glitter over the whole nail, concentrating at the cuticle. I also added a very tiny bit of silver crackle polish to make it shine more. Then I added a lot of rhinestones over half my nail, and finished with a little star jewelry on my pinky. On the second picture you can see the hole in my nail.
Piercing your nails is absolutely not dangerous. I do it right after my nail bath, when my nails are soft. I use a thin needle to pierce it, first from the underside and then I go through it again from the top. If the hole needs to be bigger to get the jewelry through, I user a bigger needle to go through it again. 
If you do this when your nails are dry, they can crack. If you make the hole too close to the edge, it's more likely to break when you pierce it. When you cut your nails after having a pierced nail, you should cut away the hole, but you can have a pierced nail without using it. Just apply nail polish over it and it won't show! 
I love wearing nail jewelry, I need to buy more!
Tialiq





No comments:

Post a Comment