Friday, September 21, 2012

Mermaid!

Ahh, again I wanted something simple, but beautiful. I was looking at my glitters for inspiration, and found this gorgeous blue/green glitter that I wanted to use. I took out my turquoise polish that I hold very dear, and when I'd applied it I ended up not using the dark turquoise glitter. Funny how inspiration works! 
Instead I used a golden acrylic paint to make a gradient down my nail, and then I applied a thin layer of my newly bought golden glitter polish, with both big and small glitters. Then I wanted scales, because this was when I realized that this reminded me of The Little Mermaid. But I couldn't be bothered to paint them myself, I didn't have the time, so I took my thin fishnet and cut out two pieces for my ring fingers. Then I applied another coat of the glitter polish, and the big glitters stuck in the net and it looks absolutely amazing. I was definitely pleasantly surprised!

Here's a picture when it'd just been completed, and then one in daylight. 



The gradient could've been better but I was a bit impatient. Aren't they just adorable though! 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment