Saturday, December 29, 2012

Kirby!

I just finished watching a Let's Play of Kirby's Epic Yarn (by my favorite let's player, Chuggaaconroy), and I just had to do Kirby nails.




I made Kirby, and the writing, using the plastic bag method. To make him, I started with a pink circle, and added his little arms. I added shading with the same color, just a bit darker, and then even darker feet. I made hit face, outlining the eyes and mouth with a grey. I thought that black would be too overpowering, but I'm not sure I was right. Then I outlined the whole thing in black. 
For the background, I was going to have stars, but I changed my mind and made a rainbow. On my thumb I made a big yellow star, and outlined it like a rainbow. For my ring finger I just made rainbow stripes. 
On the rest of my nails I added a nude pink base, put on a shimmery pink polish, and made a white french. I made rainbows on the french, and outlined it with a dark grey. Ta-da!
On these pictures I'm wearing a matte top coat, because my Seche Vite has started to act up when I apply it over acrylic paint. It lifts off the acrylic paint, which isn't good since I'm wearing it over my tips. The matte top coat doesn't lift.
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment