Thursday, August 16, 2012

Zelda! Again!

So I haven't done nerdy nails for a while. Except those Hellsing ones.. And when I saw the cut scene after completing the Temple of Time in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, I just got so inspired that I had to paint. 
I started by panting my ring finger and thumb white, and sponged a white french on the rest of my nails, letting it go up on the nail slightly. Then I sponged on a light grey for dimension, in the middle on my white nails and on the tip of my french. I also sponged on golden acrylic paint on my ring finger and thumb. 
For my french nails, I wanted to do the diamond shapes that Ghirahim produces, both when you fight him and when he "cages" Link. I mixed in a little gold in my black paint to make it shimmer. 
I wanted to do two patterns, the Zelda logo and the eye on Impas clothes. I did make triangles instead of 5 drops, because I thought it went better with the triforce. Since the logo is big and the eye is slim, and my thumb is big and my ring finger is slim, that's why I placed them where they are. I would've wanted the logo on my ring finger, but had to accept that doing it this way would make it look better. And.. It looks amazing.


I liked my other Zelda nails, but I love these. My hands were so shaky after painting these that I could barely top coat! 
But it was worth it.
Tialiq

1 comment:

  1. These are AMAZING! I was playing Skyward last night for like the 5th time and was just thinking about doing those diamonds like Ghirahim! Also there is no where on here that will let me follow your page. Do you have an instagram or bloglovin account?

    ReplyDelete