Monday, August 20, 2012

Denim!

Ahh I was so sad when my Zelda nails started chipping, but I guess I had it coming. Bowling I tell ya, it ruins your nails. 
I also decided to cut my nails, partially because I broke a nail and had to cut it really short, and also because since I've started school again I'll be doing more stuff and risk my nails. Breaking them just upsets me so having them a bit too short for my liking is the better choice. 
I wanted a simple design this time, but still awesome. I cut off a pocket off my jeans and it was just laying there on my desk in front of me, so, why not? 





I started by painting my nails a very deep navy blue. Then I took my white striper and took as much paint off as I could, and then I striped my nails. Then I took a lighter blue and sponged over it to get the stripes in different shades. I went over it again with a navy blue to get the deep color back, and then I added studs and rhinestone, and a matte top coat. 
I really love them, because at first glance they look simple, but then you look closer and see the texture. You could add stitches and pockets and so on, but I like it this way. Also, again, I wanted something simple. 
Tialiq


EDIT
Since all denim looks different, I wanted to post a picture of the one that inspired me! This is my test-nail, and my inspiration! The colors are different, but I wanted a more pure blue on my nails, it looks better to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment