Monday, July 16, 2012

Water Marble!

I did another water marble! I saw this cool video on youtube, where she does a triple dip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DcgMRD96qk&feature=plcp). I had been thinking about my last design, how it would've been cool if I had done the marble twice, but in a crossed pattern. This video made me take that step and double dip!


I've been wanting to do a design that looks like water, but I never figured out a good way. Who knew a water marble could make water? Since the layers of paint become so thin, you can easily overlap them to made shades of blue, and you can also add pretty swirly patterns. 


I started with a thin french, that you can't really see now, and then I painted my nails with a thin, light blue. It looked awful, since you could see the pink shade of shin through the nail. Then I started my marble with a thin, light blue, a strong pastel turquoise that was very green, and a light blue glitter polish. Glitter polishes usually don't marble well, but this one works fine. I used few, big circles and just ran my toothpick through it a couple of times. 
Second time I used a medium glitter polish, medium blue polish and a dark navy blue. This time I made 2 dark circles, with the other colors between each one. I secured the paint on two sides and then pulled into the middle form the sides and made a flower pattern. On the left hand it didn't quite turn into a flower, a few edges stuck, but it still looks great on the nail. 
Since I did all the layers very fast, the marble got bubbles. But with a water theme, that's just even better! But even if I'd minded, you can't really see them after the glitter. 
I used two kinds of glitter, one powdery blue that shimmers into green, and one with quite big, opaque blue glitter, that  shimmers purple. I added the glitter in the light areas, avoiding the dark blue lines, and then I put the bigger glitter along the edges of the dark blue lines.





The right hand looks a lot better than my left, it's a lot greener and looks fantastic.




I usually don't like wearing blue nails, but I just love these!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment