Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises!

I am a HUGE Batman fan, and I've been so excited for The Dark Knight Rises which just got out in the cinema. I'm seeing it tomorrow, so I watched The Dark Knight yesterday to refresh my memory, and then it hit me. I have to wear Batman nails! 
I wanted the design to be very clean, black, white and silver. I used a new technique that I found online, the clingfoil technique. What you do is you paint your nails a base color, and wait for it to completely dry. I was impatient and didn't wait that long, but the site recommended at least a few hours, preferably over night. Then you paint a second coat of another color, and instantly take a bit of cling wrap and touch the polish, giving it a mottled look. I started with a black french and clingfoiled with a white polish. Then I painted my whole nail with a thin silver polish with silver microglitter, added small strokes of a thick silver glitter, and then used my thin black polish over it and clingfoiled again. 
After that I painted a bat, fully in black, and finished with big glitters on my french and a 2mm rhinestone on my lunar. 






I added a bit too much glitter on the french, which is a shame because the mottled background looks amazing. I still love them though! 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment