Monday, July 9, 2012

Sweet Pink Marble!

I've been dying to do a marble for weeks now, and since I bought two new, matching polishes this week I decided this was the time.
One polish was a sweet rosy red with a bit of shimmer, and the other was a very neutral pinkish beige. They're both light, so the marble would be very discreet. 
After applying one coat of the beige, I realized how thin it was. I removed it and sponged on a light french, and then painted the whole nail with a nail whitener to make it blend. Then I added one coat of the beige just to make it visible later. 
I decided to do stripes, because I love stripes but hate making them. A marble is an easy way to avoid frustration. I'll do anything to avoid making stripes! To make the nail look longer I put the stripes vertically. 
Here's a picture, you'll see that the colors are very light. 


It just adds that little extra wow, makes people look twice. 
Since the design was so pale, I decided to go all out with a black flower. I prefer having my art on the tips, so that's where I put it. One petal got destroyed before I top coated and I didn't see it until I took a picture.. Oh well. 
The design was still missing something, so inside the flower (where I already had dots), I added this beautiful white glitter, that shimmers in pink and turquoise. I also put on a 2mm silver rhinestone at the lunar, I just love having a single silver stone there. 
I don't usually like pink, or flowers, but this design is just so cute and summery!
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment