Thursday, October 24, 2013

Texture!

I've already done textured nails once, but it didn't turn out so well. I also remembered I have these glitters in tubes that would be absolutely perfect for this technique, so I started by testing them out! 



Here is how I matched the colors. I couldn't find a good purple, which is ironic since I have so many purple polishes, but oh well. I ended up grabbing another one than on the picture, it was a bit darker. 
Here's how they looked:




They were all so sparkly, especially the blue one. So I decided to use that one. 



I started off with a blue and a tan polish. The tan one was a one coater, and the blue covered pretty well too, so I only painted one coat of each and then top coated. I like to have a top coat protecting the colors, since you don't top coat at the end. 
I applied another layer of blue on the blue nails, and directly after I poured the glitter on. I had a paper underneath so I could put the glitter back in the tube afterwards. Then I pressed on it from all angles with a fan brush, for at least 10 seconds. 
For the tan nails, I applied two thin strips of tape. First apply the whole strip of tape to your skin, to remove some glue. Then cut it into slim strips. Or use nail art tape. Then I put on the blue polish where I wanted it, and poured the glitter on. I removed the strips right after, before the polish dried. 
And here they are!




I absolutely love these. They're so simple, but classy and sparkly. And I love the color combination. 
Tialiq

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I was inspired to do Zelda nails based off one of your designs! (Of course, I gave you credit) feel free to check it out!
    http://flightofwhimsy.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/nerdtastic-tuesday-zelda-skyward-sword/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooow, those are gorgeous! Thank you for the credit. I'm really happy you thought my design was good enough to wear!

      Delete