Thursday, October 17, 2013

Infected Zombie!

Oooh yes. Halloween is coming, and so are all the creepy nail designs. This design is not inspired by Robin Moses, it's a complete rip-off off Robin Moses. Here is the video to show you how to make these. I'm going to go through it myself, but all credit goes to her.

I started off with a nude polish, and while it was still wet I applied some red and brown pearls, and black 1mm rhinestones. 


As you can see, my nude polish is quite thin, which is a problem later. 
When this had dried, I applied a coat of the same nude polish over the pearls and stones. This is a bit tricky, you have to move your brush around the stones to cover them properly. It's easiest to just use a bunch of polish, drown your nail in it, and then pull off as much excess as you can. 
Now this is when my problem emerged. You could completely see the stones through the thin polish. So what I did was, I took out my white polish and dotted it on top of all the stones, and then applied another coat of the nude polish. It looked much better. 
Then I mixed a green using white, green and brown (acrylic paint from here on). You want it to be like a green shade of your nude polish. I should've used more brown in mine. 


I applied this randomly over the nail to give it more of a zombie look. Then I mixed red and a dark brown to make blood, and painted it around the cuticle. Then I used only the red paint to go over it to make it even bloodier. 
To finish off I went over all the stones again with white paint, and then again over some of them with a yellow to make it look like pus. 


I love wearing these, they're awesome for Halloween or a Walking Dead marathon. So far they've grossed everyone out. 
Again, all credit goes to Robin Moses. 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment