Thursday, June 27, 2013

Remember Me!

It's no secret that I watch Let's Plays, and I've been looking forward to Remember Me! Now that it's out and completed by my favorite player on YouTube, I've watched it and it was so good I had to make a tribute. 



In the game they have something called a Sensen, which looks like the round logo (except that it has a few layers and it's always moving, and it's a bit blue too). So I decided to make a clean design with the logo! 



I painted my nails orange (Again? What's wrong? Why aren't all my nails blue any more?), except my ring finger. Then I spent some time recreating the logo with orange acrylic paint. I finished with a layer of the polish to get the exact shade (except over the shaded parts of the cube) and then I outlined it with black. Here's my right hand for comparison.




As you can see, my damaged nails are slowly coming back! Yay!

I don't know why my top coat decided to bubble on these. I've switched from Seche Vite, which was giving my issues with lifting, to Essies "No chips ahead", mostly because I was so annoyed with the chipping and lifting from Seche. I'm not sure if I love or hate it. 
I love it because man, my polish lasts forever! If I top coat when I'm finished with my design, and once more the day after, they stay without chipping or lifting for a whole week, and it probably stays decent for nearly two. I switch too often for that though. It's also shiny. Not extremely but definitely enough.
I dislike it because it's not fast drying. Many times I've painted my nails in the evening and gone to bed about an hour later, and woken up with fabric imprints in the polish. It also bubbles sometimes. I think it's when I'm too impatient and top coat a bit too quickly, before the polish underneath is completely dry. Seche never gave me that issue. But still, No chips ahead is a good top coat, and I will use it until I run out! Then I'm gonna try get my hands on Insta-Dri by Sally. I've heard good things about it. 
/end rant
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment