Friday, June 15, 2012

Rainbow Zebra!

I'm going on holiday! Yay! Therefor I've planned a lot of different designs that are fairly simple but still gorgeous, so I can paint them fast and wear them for a long time. This is one of them.
I have to remember to use top coat every second day so the design lasts. 
I was inspired by Robin Moses ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE-mVZVQl4o ) and this gorgeous zebra design that she made. I don't have pigments so I used acrylic paint instead, and I made a full rainbow. 




Here's my right hand in sunlight, and below is my left hand under a strong lamp. 



Isn't that just gorgeous?
I made all the colors pastel by mixing them with a lot of white and then sponged them on. It took a while because I wanted very thin lines of color, and a lot of colors, so after making a new one I went back on with the previous one to dim the line a bit. Using the black on top really makes the colors pop! 
This was my first try at zebra print on my finger nails, I'm wearing another zebra on my toes which is a lot messier. There I have a silver background. So technically it's my second try at zebra print. It's a lot easier than it looks! Would be even easier with a striper brush, I made these with a regular tiny brush. I need to buy a striper. 
I'll make a huge update when I get back! 
Tialiq

1 comment: