Thursday, June 14, 2012

Colorful Dots!

After wearing that horribly dark True Blood design, I wanted something a bit more colorful, but still not too light. Therefor I did a wonderful black french, which I wore for a day as it was since it looked so clean and just awesome. 



Doesn't that look amazing? Differently colored french manicures are always fun to play with, and black just looks amazing. 
Then I decided to add my color, and since I hadn't used my dotting tools for a while I pulled them out and made a rainbow scale of dots. 
I started with a big dotting tool and crimson red on my thumb. I did a few with the big tool and a few with a medium sized tool. Then I did scarlet dots with the medium sized tool and the small tool. I finished with orange and the small tool, making the dots smaller to the side. I didn't want everything the same size, and I wanted a pattern. 
Then I went through a rainbow scale, using three colors on each nail. As you can see I only went one "step" through the color scale on each nail. The ring finger started with the second color on my thumb, scarlet, and middle finger started with the second color on my ring finger, orange, and so on. In retrospect I should've skipped the scarlet or the crimson, because then I could've used blue on two nails and gotten a bit of purple in on the pinky. 
I also added silver rhinestones on the lunar line to finish up the design. Rhinestones on a clear nail just look amazing. 


I was very happy with this design, and wanted to wear it for longer, but my nail broke where I'd pierced it for the pink design I wore a while ago, so I had to cut my nails. Since I was going to change my nails just a day after, I did a really simple, frosty white french, and I kept the rhinestones on (one must not waste). 



As you can see, my nails are a lot shorter now. I had to cut about 4-5mm to get them even, which was half the tip of my nail.  
Having this, however, gave me a chance to try out the silver tape I bought a while ago, and I really like it. I'll definitely use it more. 
Since I've been wearing french designs I was worried that the tea bag I use to hold my split nails together would show, but it really doesn't unless you look closely. On my left hand I'm only wearing it on my thumb, and I bet you didn't notice until now! It's really something I recommend. 
Now I'm sketching up another design that I'll post tomorrow, probably. Painting is so much fun! 
Tialiq

No comments:

Post a Comment